Work at Livingdocs
Join Livingdocs and support news publishers in creating high-quality, sustainable journalism products.
Livingdocs is a Zurich-based software product company. We work with some of the biggest news publishing brands in the DACH region, including Süddeutsche Zeitung, NZZ and t-online, providing a frictionless editing experience and powerful workflow support with our robust yet streamlined CMS. Journalists love Livingdocs for its intuitive user experience, as well as our reliable and friendly customer service.
Senior Software Engineer Product
As our customer base continues to grow, so does our workload, and we are looking to add to our team to support our expansion and projects on the horizon. We are looking for candidates with a creative mindset and “can-do” attitude, empathy over ego and experience in product development. If you feel you would be the right fit for our team, we would love to hear from you.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Product team, collaborating with colleagues in software engineering, product management, design and operations. Your focus will be on both ensuring our product's long-term maintainability and extending its functionality.
What we're looking for
· Deep knowledge of the web platform
· Experience with modern frontend web frameworks
· Ability to work with Git and the command line
· Know how to work with Docker and npm
· Understand architectural details of client-server applications
· Translate ideas into concepts and working code
· Experience with Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis is a plus
· Proficient verbal and written English communication skills
· German communication skills are a plus
· Forthcoming and communicative personality
· A willingness to take initiative and proactively improve
· Swiss or EU citizen with ability to work from our Zurich office
As a growing company, we are focused on expanding our team consciously and with care, driven by a long-term, sustainable perspective. We are dedicated to helping our team develop their skills and potential. We provide a working environment that gives you a lot of freedom when it comes to tackling challenges and structuring your time. We offer the option for a hybrid working schedule, allowing for remote work when appropriate, and encouraging a vibrant office culture with weekly in-person team check-ins (and frequent lunch get-togethers) in the heart of Zurich.
If you're up for the challenge and want to join a team of excellent engineers from whom you can learn and grow while developing a mature, complex product, we want to hear from you. Salaries are competitive and we offer perks such as team retreats and a yearly hardware budget.